1. Reduce incidence of cancer by increasing cancer awareness initiatives to various communities in the country.
2. Reduce incidence and mortality of cancer by installation of the most efficient and effective cancer screening and early detection programs in the country.
3. Improving infrastructure for cancer management at the National Cancer Institute, ORCI.
4. Improving quality of life for those living with, recovering from or dying from cancer by an effective palliative care program.
5. Developing human resource capacity and management system for cancer control in Tanzania.
6. Improving cancer research, registration, training, education and information dissemination in cancer management.
Vision and Mission
To become a centre with national, regional and international reputation for excellence in cancer control.
To provide equitable, accessible, affordable and high quality services for early detection and cancer care to the public through prevention, research, education and treatment using modern technology and dedicated staff.
1. To control and manage the institute and assume responsibility for control and management of such hospitals or health facilities as may be vested in the institute by order published in the official gazette.
2. To provide medical care to inpatients and outpatients affected with cancer and other diseases in accordance to medical ethics.
3. To stimulate and promote programs of education on health and particularly on cancer.
4. To conduct training programs.
5. To provide consultancy services
6. To perform research activities with or without association with person or institutions inside or outside Tanzania.
7. To do any act for the purpose of achieving any of the above functions.