To provide legal expertise and services to the Institute
The unit is led by a principal legal officer and performs the following functions.
- Advising executive director on legal matters,
- To identify and advise areas of legislation and regulations affecting cancer response,
- To represent the institute in a court of law, council or any other organ,
- To supervise and manage the dissemination of cancer related legal aids guidelines to stakeholders,
- To advise, coordinate and enhance access to justice, protect and safeguard property rights of people living with cancer in the context of stigma reduction,
- To interpret and advise on laws, regulations and rules, to prepare legal documents such as contracts, forms, memorandum of understanding in liaison with attorney general chamber (agc); and
- To review tender and related documents for legal conformity.