Diagnostic services at Ocean Road are progressing with time, advanced diagnostic tools are available and now all essential cancer diagnosis are performed at ORCI labs and pathology sub-unit.
We work to serve our clients for 24 hours, with a day shift starting at 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM and then a night shift starts at 8:00 pm to 8:00 am
- To participate in EQA schemes and to achieve 100% for all registered tests.
- To ensure that 90% of all customer’s results are released within the established laboratory turnaround times.
- To achieve 3 stars of WHO – SLIPTA checklist by May 2020
There are two laboratories available at ORCI, one located at the block A and another in block D which operates under the NHIF clinic wing.
The diagnosis performed under the section includes;
- Tumor markers,
- Female & Male hormones,
- Liver Function Tests,
- Renal Function Tests,
- Lipid Profile,
- Hepatitis Panel and
- all Parasitology Tests and Serology Tests,
- Blood Group & Cross – matching.
Overall responsibilities of the section are: –
- Collect, examine and analyse cells, tissues and body fluid samples;
- Collect, group and match blood for transfusions;
- Maintain laboratory equipment and ensure laboratory is stocked with necessary instruments;
- Manage mortuary activities;
- Keep records and stock of all laboratory reagents needed and used by the Institute; and
- Keep and store sample’s data for research and development.