To provide expertise and services in procurement, storage, supply of goods and services and disposal of assets for the Institute.
The Procurement Management Unit (PMU) was established in accordance with the Public Procurement Act Cap 410. In order to comply with the requirements of the Public Procurement Act and its related Regulations, members of the Tender Board, Staff of the Procurement Management Unit attend various training courses being conducted by the Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA). All procurement activities at the ORCI are done in accordance with the law
This unit is led by Principal Supplies Officer and has two sections, Store and Supplies section and procurement section. The unit is competent and certified by the PPRA to be able to provide services in procurement, storage, supply of goods and services and disposal of assets for the Institute. This Unit perform the following activities,
- To advise the management on matters pertaining procurement of goods and services, logistics management and disposal,
- Develop an annual procurement plan for the ORCI, procure and dispose,
- Maintain and manage supplies, materials and services
- To support the logistical requirements of the ORCI,
- Maintain and monitor distribution of office supplies and materials,
- Maintain and update inventory of goods, supplies and materials,
- Provide secretarial services to the tender board as per public procurement act and its regulations,
- Provide technical support on setting specifications/standards for goods and services
- To ensure value for money and to prepare contracts, tendering documents and advertisements.