To provide expertise and services on machines maintenance, estate management and the use of information and communication technology.
This directorate has three sections; Machine Maintenance, Estate Management and Information and Communication Technology with the purpose of providing expertise and services for machines maintenance, estate management and the use of information and communication technology. The functions of this directorate are; to provide professional advice on effective and efficient use of the Institute’s infrastructures, oversee the construction and maintenance of buildings, hospital equipment and utility facilities, develop and coordinate integrated management information system for the Institute, keep and maintain user and service manuals of equipment, carry out studies and propose areas of using ICT, improve service delivery and to prepare terms of reference for contract works and draft contracts for work services and outsourced services in liaison with PMU and legal services unit.
The objectives of ICT Section in ICT Service Management are:
- To improve internal and external stakeholders’ satisfaction.
- To assist in defining meaningful metrics to measure service results and using the metrics to drive continuous service improvement.
- To enable the monitoring and improvement of service quality through the effective application of processes.
- To ensure compliance with all e-Government Standards and Guidelines relating to the ICT Service Management.
This Section will perform the following activities: –
- Develop and coordinate Integrated Management Information System for the Institute;
- Maintain hardware and software;
- Coordinate and provide support on procurement of software and hardware in the Institute;
- Design, develop and implement controls to ensure protection, integrity and availability of information;
- Provide technical support on the use of ICT facilities;
- Establish and Coordinate use of Electronic mail communications on LAN and WAN;
- Carryout studies and propose areas of using ICT as an instrument to improve service delivery to the whole Institute; and
- Administer information systems, Data Base, and development of network infrastructure.